Saturday, March 8, 2008

99 Cents Grocery Bags!

These are $.99 reusable shopping bags that can be found at Publix. Acrylic paint goes on easy and than it was sealed with a brush on top coat of decoupage glue. I actually freehand paint my shopping bags and almost everything else I do. I started painting right out of college in a "personalizing" gift shop and they took so many orders that we ( the artists) couldn't keep up. There was no time for ruff drafts or patterns. Every order was quick and original free hand! It has turned out to be my best asset because it took that fear away of ruining the product! It just takes practice! So Fun and try it yourself!!!

3 comments:

North County Film Club said...

Great idea. I love the idea of supermarket crafts.

CyndiLou said...

Thanks Barbara for the shopping bag compliment! I hope you can "Follow" me! I'll be doing more!

CyndiLou said...

Hi! I got an Anonymous Comment recently that asked about the paint cracking on the bag. Unfortunatly, I Deleted the question by mistake. I hope Anonymous comes back & decides to Follow this blog so we can have a discussion! But, in the mean time... my paint did crack over time, but only where the paint was coated heavily. I found that if I base coated the design with Royal Coat Decoupage Glue, then painted the design, it didn't need as much coverage. The paint when on very smooth. I also finished with Royal Coat too! Hope that helps!